- Arrive at Sri Lanka (Katunayake International Airport)
- A warm welcome from our Arabiers tour guide and driver at the airport
- Proceed to beautiful Kandy city
- On the way, stop by at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Check-in at the Tropical Hotel
- Later visit the Kandy Temple of the Tooth Relic
|Day 1||Arrive, Discover the Temples of Dambulla & Sigiriya||Sigiriya|
|Day 2||Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Minneriya National Park||Sigiriya|
|Day 3||Tour the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic||Kandy|
|Day 4||Relax on the Beach in Bentota||Bentota|
|Day 5||Sightsee in Galle & Depart|
Embark on an exhilarating five-day adventure that immerses you in the vibrant tapestry of Sri Lanka's cultural marvels and breathtaking landscapes. Begin your journey at the awe-inspiring cave temples of Dambulla, then ascend the majestic Sigiriya rock fortress for a panoramic view that will leave you in awe.
Witness the majesty of elephant herds in Minneriya National Park, and unwind on the sun-kissed shores of Bentota's golden beaches. Your expedition concludes in the enchanting Galle, a meticulously preserved fortified port city boasting a rich history dating back to the 17th-century Dutch era.
This article unfolds a day-by-day exploration, offering a glimpse into the treasures that await - from heritage sites to wildlife encounters and serene beach retreats.
Arrive, Discover the Temples of Dambulla & Sigiriya
Welcome to the mesmerizing wonders of Sri Lanka! Dive headfirst into your adventure with a visit to the extraordinary UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dambulla on your first day. This sacred cave temple complex, dating back to the 1st century BCE, unveils a treasure trove of the country's most significant religious artifacts.
Embark on a journey through a series of caves, each revealing gilded interiors, breathtaking murals, and an awe-inspiring collection of sacred statues, including a magnificent 47-foot (14-meter) reclining golden Buddha. As you explore, be enchanted by the rocky clifftops providing panoramic views of the lush forests and picturesque countryside below.
In the afternoon, buckle up for a short drive north to the enchanting Sigiriya. Here, you'll check into your hotel, setting the stage for an unforgettable night filled with anticipation for the days ahead. Get ready for an immersive experience in the heart of Sri Lanka's cultural and historical tapestry!
- Dambulla Cave Temple : Explore the UNESCO-listed cave temple with intricate paintings and Buddha statues.
- Lion's Paw Entrance : Ascend Sigiriya Rock through the iconic Lion's Paw entrance, a dramatic start to the climb.
- Ancient Frescoes : Admire well-preserved frescoes on Sigiriya Rock, depicting the "Sigiriya Maidens."
- Cultural Insights and Local Flavors : Immerse in local culture, interact with residents and savor traditional Sri Lankan cuisine.
Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress & Minneriya National Park
Get ready for an exhilarating day as you dive into the rich history and natural wonders of Sri Lanka! Your morning kicks off with an exploration of the ancient city of Sigiriya, a rocky monolith that proudly rises from the vibrant jungle. This awe-inspiring site holds the remnants of an ancient fortress constructed in the late 5th century CE.
Known as "Lion Rock," the name pays homage to the traditional ascent method - passing through the open jaws and throat of a lion. While the lion figure itself may have faded into history, the colossal sculpted paws on the rock's side serve as a powerful reminder of its past glory.
Post lunch, your adventure continues to Minneriya National Park, a sprawling expanse of forest and grasslands nestled between Habarana and Polonnaruwa. Brace yourself for encounters with elephants, leopards, sambar deer, and lively langur monkeys.
At the heart of this natural haven lies the magnificent Minneriya Tank reservoir, a serene creation by the Anuradhapura civilization over 1800 years ago. The tranquil shores provide the perfect vantage point to witness herds of majestic elephants and flocks of elegant storks, creating unforgettable moments in the heart of Sri Lanka's wild beauty.
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress : Experience the ancient marvel of Sigiriya, climbing to the summit for panoramic views.
- Lion's Paw Terrace : Traverse the Lion's Paw Terrace, a dramatic entrance to Sigiriya, adorned with impressive lion's paw carvings, setting the stage for a captivating climb.
- Minneriya National Park Safari : Embark on a safari adventure in Minneriya National Park, renowned for its diverse wildlife, including elephants, birds, and other endemic species.
- Elephant Gathering : Witness the spectacular Elephant Gathering, a natural phenomenon where a large number of elephants congregate around the Minneriya Tank, providing a mesmerizing and unique wildlife experience.
- Historical Frescoes : Explore the ancient frescoes on Sigiriya Rock, showcasing intricate paintings of celestial maidens and offering a glimpse into the artistic prowess of ancient Sri Lanka.
- Sigiriya Water Gardens : Stroll through the Sigiriya Water Gardens, a series of terraced gardens and ponds that add a touch of serenity and beauty to the overall Sigiriya.
Tour the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
Prepare for a captivating journey on day three as you make your way to Kandy, the cultural heart of Sri Lanka's Central Province, and your home for the night. Nestled strategically between three mountain ranges, this city stands as a welcoming gateway to the enchanting Hill Country.
Start your morning by immersing yourself in the charm of one of the traditional villages on the city's outskirts. Here, you can engage with local artisans and try your hand at the ancient art of fan-making. Discover the intricate craftsmanship of Sesath, hand-woven fans, and sunshades that symbolize prosperity and serve as vibrant relics of Sri Lanka's royal history.
In the afternoon, venture into the historical tapestry of Kandy by exploring the Royal Palace. Uncover the secrets held within its shrines, temples, and meticulously manicured gardens. The highlight of your visit awaits at Sri Dalada Maligawa, the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
Dating back to the 16th century, this ancient temple complex houses Sri Lanka's most revered Buddhist relic - an actual tooth from the Buddha himself. Get ready to be transported through time as you delve into the spiritual and historical significance of this sacred site. Your adventure in Kandy promises a day filled with cultural richness and awe-inspiring discoveries!
- Sacred Relic : Witness the veneration of Lord Buddha's Sacred Tooth Relic, a revered object attracting visitors worldwide.
- Architectural Marvel : Explore the temple's intricate carvings and traditional Kandyan architecture, reflecting Sri Lanka's rich cultural heritage.
- Spiritual Ceremonies : Experience the spiritual ambiance through daily rituals, pujas, and ceremonies held at the temple.
- Relic Chamber : Visit the serene relic chamber, where the Sacred Tooth Relic is enshrined amidst intricate decorations.
- Surrounding Exploration : Explore nearby temples and museums, gaining insights into Sri Lanka's religious and cultural history.
Relax on the Beach in Bentota
Embark on a southwest journey today to the sun-kissed shores of Bentota, where tranquility meets adventure in this laid-back resort paradise. With calm seas stretching alongside miles of pristine beaches, Bentota is the ultimate holiday playground, and it's calling your name.
Dive into the thrill of watersports that define this coastal haven - whether it's exploring the coral-rich depths through scuba diving, setting out on a traditional outrigger canoe for deep-sea fishing, or catching the wind on a surfboard amidst gentle waves, Bentota has it all. Feel the rush of excitement as you immerse yourself in the vibrant aquatic activities that make this destination a mecca for adventure seekers.
As the day winds down, treat your taste buds to the local cuisine, indulging in a dinner of freshly caught seafood that captures the essence of coastal living. Cap off your day with a front-row seat to nature's spectacle - a mesmerizing sunset over the Laccadive Sea. Bentota promises not just a destination but a sensory experience, where each moment is a celebration of the sea, sand, and unforgettable memories.
- Golden Sands : Enjoy the soft and golden sands of Bentota Beach, providing a perfect spot for relaxation and beach activities.
- Water Sports Hub : Experience a variety of water sports, including jet-skiing, windsurfing, and banana boat rides, making Bentota a water sports enthusiast's paradise.
- Turtle Hatchery : Visit the nearby turtle hatchery, where you can witness conservation efforts and release baby turtles into the ocean.
- Scenic Sunset Views : Marvel at the breathtaking sunset views over the Indian Ocean, creating a picturesque and tranquil atmosphere.
- Beachfron t Resorts : Indulge in luxury with beachfront resorts offering stunning views, excellent hospitality, and a perfect blend of relaxation and recreation.
Sightsee in Galle & Depart
Get ready to wrap up your adventure on the final day in the vibrant city of Galle, the bustling provincial capital and administrative hub of the south. Begin your day with a stroll along palm-lined promenades, discovering the charm of the exquisite circular cove of Unawatuna Bay. Immerse yourself in history as you wander through the ramparts and narrow alleys of the 17th-century Dutch fort that stands as the heart of Galle's old town.
As you soak in the last moments of your Sri Lankan journey, cherish the memories created in this enchanting land. Finally, it's time to bid a fond farewell to the beauty and culture of Sri Lanka as you transfer to the airport for your homeward flight.
- Galle Fort Exploration : Immerse yourself in the charm of Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring cobblestone streets, colonial architecture, and vibrant boutiques.
- Lighthouse and Ramparts : Visit the iconic Galle Lighthouse and stroll along the ancient ramparts for panoramic views of the Indian Ocean and the historic town.
- Dutch Reformed Church : Explore the Dutch Reformed Church, an architectural gem within Galle Fort, showcasing the historical influence of the Dutch colonial era.
- Galle Clock Tower : Admire the Galle Clock Tower, a distinctive landmark, and capture photos of its intricate design that reflects Galle's colonial heritage.
- Departure from Galle : Bid farewell to Galle, taking with you the memories of its rich history, coastal beauty, and unique blend of cultural influences.